2. Types of Information You May Provide. Information we may collect on our Site falls into two categories: (i) Anonymous Information, and (ii) Personal Information. These categories are defined as follows:
2.1. Anonymous Information. The term "Anonymous Information" means information that does not identify you individually, and may include, for example, statistical information concerning the pages on our Website that you visit most frequently.
2.2. Personal Information. The term "Personal Information" means information about you that would allow us (or others) to identify you including, but not limited to, your name, gender, birth date, ethnicity, student ID number, mailing address, financial account information, organization tax ID (EIN) number, telephone number, email address, and other, similar information.
3. Your Choices Concerning Personal Information. You decide whether you wish to provide us with Personal Information. We have structured our Website so that you may visit us and obtain information related to Innovative CEU without revealing your identity, or providing any Personal Information. Please note, however, that certain Website Services offered by us may require that you provide us with Personal Information. For example, you cannot register as either a student or organization without providing us with your personal information and coaching credentials.
4. Our Uses of Your Personal Information. You decide whether you wish to provide us with Personal Information. By way of example, we may collect information from you at different points (for example, when you register as either a student or organization at www.innovativeceus.com Innovative CEU online), and use this information as follows:
4.1. Communications to Us. If you send us an email with questions, suggestions, comments, testimonials or requests for additional information, or if you include your Personal Information when providing us with feedback about Innovative CEU, our Website and Website Services, we may use your email address and other information included in your correspondence to respond to you.
4.2. Buying Innovative CEU Courses On-Line. We collect Personal information in connection with your online purchase of Innovative CEU courses. We request a variety of information in connection with your purchase of Innovative CEU on-line courses, and payment information. We use this information to process your order, and may use it to contact you if we have questions or trouble with our processing. In addition, we use a reputable vendor to process your online Innovative CEU course order, and you submit your payment information to this vendor via a third-party site. Please see Section 6 (Third-Party Sites) for additional information.
4.3. Verifying Your Identity. When you request information or services from us via the Website, we may collect additional Personal Information beyond what we originally received from you in order to verify your identity and process your request. This is designed to further protect you and to reduce the threat of identity theft and fraudulent requests.
4.4. Promotion of Innovative CEU. We believe that your experiences can often act as the strongest promotion of Innovative CEU. To promote Innovative CEU, we may wish to post on our Website or elsewhere, endorsements, and testimonials from you or descriptions you provide about your experiences with Innovative CEU. You agree that your Personal Information and experiences with us may be used and adapted for these purposes (without the need for compensation). If we use your Personal Information and experiences in this manner and such use discloses other Personal Information, we will obtain your permission before using any other Personal Information.
4.5. Staying Updated; Alerts and Other Communications to You. You may provide us with your email address and other Personal Information so that we can send you information concerning Innovative CEU, our Site, Website Services, and other information and publications (collectively, the "Alerts"). In addition, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with other information that we believe may be of interest to you. You will have the ability to opt out of receiving these materials, as provided in Section 10 (Opting Out).
4.6. Informational Notices and Bulletins. Periodically, we may choose to send news, bulletins, or other information to you, and will use Personal Information to send such communications. If we choose to undertake such communications, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving them as provided in Section 10 (Opting Out); provided, however, that there are certain communications for which you cannot opt out. Please refer to Section 10 (Opting Out) for more details.
4.8. Providing Other Services. We use Personal Information to provide the information and services that you request in addition to those specifically identified in this Section 4 (Our Uses of Your Personal Information). We may use the Personal Information you submit in any manner we reasonably deem necessary to provide you with any of the information or services that you request from us via the Website.
7. Disclosures to Third Parties. We will not disclose Personal Information about you to third parties without your express consent, except in the following circumstances:
7.1. Vendors. We employ other companies to perform functions both on our and your behalf, such as providing Website Services, maintaining the Website, collecting information, responding to and sending electronic mail, and other functions necessary to support Innovative CEU, the Website and the Website Services (collectively, "Vendors"). We will provide Vendors with only that Personal Information necessary to perform their functions, and instruct them not to use Personal Information for any purpose inconsistent with this Policy. We require that our Vendors agree contractually to comply with privacy laws, and agree to maintain protections for Personal Information consistent with this Policy.
7.3. Legal. We will reveal Personal Information about you to the extent we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of your Personal Information, we may attempt to notify you via the email address you provided (if any) within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request, unless such notification is not permitted. In addition, we may share your Personal Information with third parties as otherwise permitted by law in order, for example, to protect against fraud, the confidentiality or security of our business records, or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
8. Our Use of Anonymous Information. We use Anonymous Information to analyze the effectiveness of our Site, to improve our Website and Website Services, and for other purposes. For example, the fact that our Site users spend a majority of their time reading information on our courses, and website pages at Innovative CEU would constitute Anonymous Information, if that information does not identify a particular user. This information provides us with potentially useful data concerning our Site users preferences and the efficacy and interest of our Site and our Website Services. In addition, from time to time, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analyses of the general behavior and characteristics of Website users, and the use of our Website and Website Services, and may share Anonymous Information with third parties, including advertisers (if any). Rest assured, though, that Anonymous Information provided to third parties will not allow anyone to identify you, or determine anything personal about you. We may collect Anonymous Information through features of the software supporting our Website and Website Services through both the means described below and other means.
8.1. IP Addresses; Logs. Either directly, or through our hosting service provider, we may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address (the internet address of your PC), your computers name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses, where the computer is routing from, and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information, which will be aggregated with that of other users in order to understand how our Website is being used, and for security and monitoring purposes.
8.2. Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data that often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide you with a tailored user experience and to make it easier for you to use a website upon a future visit. We may include cookies on our Website and use them to recognize you when you return to our Site. In addition, other third-party websites may recognize our cookies stored on your computer's hard drive, and use that information to provide you with information related to the content of our Website. You may set your browser so that it does not accept cookies. However, cookies must be enabled on your web browser if you wish to access certain personalized features of our Site.
8.4. Click-Throughs. We may send email messages which use a "click-through URL" linked to content on our Website. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply do not click text or graphic links in the email, or notify us in accordance with Section 10 (Opting Out).
10. Opting Out. Because we respect privacy rights, we allow you to opt out of receiving certain information. If we choose to send bulletins, Alerts, or other communications to you, we will provide you with the ability to decline, or "opt out of", receiving such communications. In addition, you have the option to unsubscribe to our Alerts, and we will take reasonable steps to comply with this request in a timely manner. Instructions for opting out will be provided if and when we determine to send such a communication. Please understand that you will not be allowed to opt out of formal notices concerning the operation of our Website, and legal and other related notices concerning your relationship to us, the Website or Website Services.
11. Access; Updating Personal Information. To allow you appropriate control over your Personal Information, you will always have the ability to change and update the Personal Information that you have previously submitted to us via your own Innovative CEU log in.
12. Security. We have put in place security systems, physical and technical safeguards, and quality controls designed to prevent unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, Personal Information (collectively, the "Security Safeguards"). Our Security Safeguards are structured to deter and prevent unauthorized users and others from accessing Personal Information. Please understand that our Security Safeguards are not fail-proof and, due to the nature of internet communications and evolving technologies, we cannot provide, and expressly disclaim (to the extent permitted by law), assurance that the information we receive about you via the Website will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access. Please note that you play a key role in protecting the security of your Personal Information. For example, you should guard your password to our Website, and not give it to others to use. In addition, you should close your browser when have finished viewing your information on our Website, to prevent others from viewing your Personal Information.
14. Additional General Provisions.
Effective Date: June 30, 2014.